Hockfield & Co. has a specialist team of three housing lawyers who act for registered social landlords and private landlords on the full range of housing issues. All of our solicitors have worked locally for many years and have an expert knowledge of the factors that must be considered by landlords when letting property in the area and across London.
The firm has a strong reputation among major London and South East housing associations for its housing management work, and we are a member of the Social Housing Law Association and the Housing Law Practitioners Association. Our clients rate our work highly so a large proportion of our work is on behalf of landlords who have been referred to us by others. Our solicitors are:
- Responsive — Acting quickly and responding practically when urgent issues arise
- Accessible — Making ourselves available and providing regular updates
- Realistic — Weighing up the commercial cost of action against the potential benefit so that money is not wasted on unnecessary legal challenges
- Proactive — Providing ongoing advice, including tailored workshops on housing law so that your properties are managed more effectively and problems reduced
Possession And Eviction Notices
The work we are regularly involved in on behalf of landlords includes:
- Anti-social behaviour work, including injunction orders, anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs) and possession claims
- Actions concerning illegal subletting and disputed succession rights
- Disrepair claims – partner Sarah Mossop and associate solicitor Michael McCrone have particular expertise in this area
- Advice on tenancy terms and their application
- Drafting tenancy agreements
- Possession claims for rent arrears
- Tenancy management issues
- Application of The Equality Act 2010
- Leases and related property issues
- First Tier/Residential Property Tribunal matters
Contact Hockfield & Co.
Our landlord solicitors in Kennington offer a range of ways to fund your legal work, including competitive hourly rates and fixed-fee arrangements. Contact us online or by phone on 0207 582 8784.