Hockfield & Co. has been serving the needs of local businesses and residents in Kennington and across South London for over 40 years. We are relied upon for our expertise and previous clients value our commitment to a genuinely personal legal service. Much of our current work is for people who have come to us following a personal recommendation.
We work in a number of specialist areas with a strong focus on all housing and property- related matters. We act for tenants, landlords and housing associations and in recent years have developed a particular expertise in leasehold enfranchisement work.
Its relatively compact size allows the team to provide clients with more dedication and agility. — Chambers Legal Directory
People in search of a solicitor increasingly find themselves forced to go with the crowd — to claims management companies or impersonal organisations operating remotely. Hockfield & Co. stands out for a number of reasons:
- Our size — We are a small firm so we get to know our clients. You will be treated as an individual, not a number on a file. Your calls will be returned, you will always be updated on your case, and you will never feel anonymous or lost in the legal process.
- The team — Our solicitors are experts in their particular areas and are committed to the highest levels of care and involvement in the cases they handle.
- The location — Hockfield & Co. has been based in South London since 1975. We know the area and the particular issues that are of concern to clients — in conveyancing transactions and housing disputes, for example. We know local judges and court staff and their likely approach in different types of disputes.
- Expertise — We don’t employ paralegals or unqualified staff. For clients, this is important. When complications arise in your case, you know that with our experience, obstacles will be confronted and dealt with effectively.
- Cost — We keep overheads low and offer a range of payment options. Finance is often a concern to clients, and we never underestimate this: We will provide upfront and detailed information about our charges.
We understand people suffering poor housing conditions or involved in litigation can be under a lot of stress and those making a will require reliable advice. They need the reassurance and confidence that only the dedicated, personal attention from an experienced lawyer can provide. Our lawyers are principled and they are professional — they believe everyone is entitled to high-quality legal representation. We work hard to provide it.
Legal 500 United Kingdom 2019
Hockfield & Co Solicitors has been recommended in The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2019 along with all four of our lawyers – James Garvey, Lucy Jackson, Michael McCrone and Sarah Mossop. See the results at http://www.legal500.com/books/l500.
Complaints handling policy
For details, please see our complaints handling policy page.
For personal and professional advice you can rely on, contact Hockfield & Co. online or call us on 0207 582 8784.