Hockfield & Co. hopes to provide a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. We will do our best to address any dissatisfaction that you have experienced in using the services of this firm. Our primary object is to put things right.
If your complaint is minor please notify the Solicitor who is handling your case in the first instance. The Solicitor dealing with your case should respond within 3 working days to you and also notify our Complaints Partner, Lucy Jackson.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint initially or in the case of a more serious complaint, please advise either the Solicitor who handled your case or the Client Care Partner, Lucy Jackson, and let us have full details. You can contact Lucy Jackson by post at this office or by email firstname.lastname@example.org . It is helpful if you put your concerns in writing. If you have special needs which we should take in to account please let us know.
What will happen next
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 working days of receiving it, and sending a copy of this complaints procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. That will normally involving passing your complaint to our Client Care Partner, Lucy Jackson, or if Lucy Jackson is the Solicitor complained or, the Client Care Partner will be James Garvey.
- The Client Care Partner will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- The Client Care Partner will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully, resolve your complaint. She will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.
- Within 3 days of the meeting, the Client Care Partner will invite you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the client care partner will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.
- We will review and close the complaint within 8 weeks of receiving the complaint.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
If you do not agree with the outcome of our complaints process or we fail to investigate it within 8 weeks, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at www.legalombudsman.org.uk, or email address email@example.com.